Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nature is My Bitch!

You know what really grinds my gears (random Family Guy reference--get used to it!)? Magazines that say "Great Ideas for Small Gardens" and then these so-called small gardens are freaking huge!! I don't consider anything that has room for a water feature, a rock maze and 15 flower cutting gardens, small.

I live in the city where gardens are more postage stamp size with a couple of potted plants thrown on the steps for good measure. I can walk from the front of my garden to the back in about 5 seconds. Now THAT is small! And there are even smaller ones that I have seen in this lovely historic city o' mine.

When I first started gardening I really knew nothing about it and I still don't know a lot. I started out just wanting to increase the curb appeal of my house and it has blossomed (hehe!) into a true interest.

I am a learn-as-you-go type of gal and subscribe to the "easy is better" newsletter regarding gardening! I am hoping to share some pictures of creative small gardens, some not so creative small gardens, gardening tips and projects that I am currently working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment